Pimiento Pork Burger
Cook time: 30 Minutes Servings: 4
- 1 lb. Smithfield® Signature Ground Pork
- 2 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup (4-oz.) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 (2-oz.) jar diced pimientos, drained
- 1 sweet yellow onion, sliced and separated into rings
- Seasoned salt, divided
- ¼ cup butter, cut into 8 slices
- Brioche buns
- BBQ sauce
- Beat together cream cheese, mayonnaise, salt and pepper in mixing bowl until creamy. Stir in Cheddar cheese and pimientos and shredded cheese until mixed well. Cover and refrigerate.
- Heat charcoal or gas grill to medium. Place onion rings on sheet of heavy duty aluminum foil. Season lightly with seasoned salt and top with butter slices. Seal packet tightly.
- Gently shape ground pork into 4 (1-inch thick) burgers. Season both sides with seasoned salt and set aside.
- Place onion packet on grill and heat for 10 minutes; move packet to edge of grill. Grill pork burgers 5 minutes on each side until internal temperature reaches 160°F., turning once halfway through cooking.
- When burger is cooked, open foil packet and place grilled onions on top of each burger. Spoon pimento cheese on top of onions and place brioche buns, cut side down, on grill. Close grill to let cheese melt slightly and toast buns.
- Place burgers on toasted buns and drizzle with your favorite BBQ sauce.