Spicy Avocado Pulled Pork Sliders
Cook time: 50 Minutes Servings: 6
- 1 Smithfield® Pork Butt
- 3/4 cup your favorite BBQ rub, divided
- 2 avocados, peeled and cut into 24 slices
- 1/2 cup sriracha sauce
- 12 slider buns
- BBQ sauce
- Heat smoker or grill for indirect cooking at 275°F. Add favorite wood for smoking.
- Season pork butt on all sides with 3 tablespoons BBQ rub. Let stand 30 minutes.
- Smoke pork butt, fat side up, for 3 to 3 1/2 hours until internal temperature reaches approximately 160°F. Remove from smoker and lay fat side down on large piece of heavy duty aluminum foil; sprinkle meat with 1 tablespoon BBQ rub.
- Wrap butt tightly with foil and return to smoker. Cook another 3 to 3 1/2 hours until internal temperature is around 192°F to 195°F. Remove from smoker/grill and let stand 1 hour. Wearing heat resistant gloves, pull pork, discarding fat and bone.
- Pour sriracha sauce on small plate. Place remaining BBQ rub.
- Dip avocado slices into sriracha sauce, then gently press into remaining 1/2 cup BBQ rub. Place 2 slices on each slider bun.
- Top avocado slices with generous helping of pulled pork, BBQ sauce and coleslaw. Refrigerate leftover pulled pork for other uses.